Friday, October 3, 2014

Cease and Desist? I Think Not!

Here is a funny little Cease and Desist letter the museum director mailed me last month.  What's funny about it is she does not want me contacting investor, funders, grantors, donors, and (my favorite) board members.  Why is this so hilarious?  Because she does not want any of these people to be aware of the illegal labor practices she has perpetrated.  Furthermore, I have every right to notify those individuals that she has engaged in illegal labor activities, especially now that an officer with the CA Labor Commissioner has found merit to my claims.  I even have a responsibility to notify the board of illegal activities going on within the museum.  Somehow I don't think the director sees it that way and it just goes to show her absolute incompetence in providing ethical leadership.

When she fired me she said that she would be a reference, but that was before she knew about my complaints I filed.  Now I think she wishes she never hired me, which is different than her wishing that she never engaged in wage theft and retaliation in the first place.

I also have emails from previous employees stating that she engaged in the same illegal labor practices with them.  Glad I have witnesses to the Executive Director's illegal activity.

Feel free to write a letter of complaint addressed to the board members!

Send mail to:

Marie Strait, Board President
San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles
520 South 1st St.
San Jose, CA 95113

For a full listing of board members please visit: